Tuesday, April 24, 2012

OLD GLUE BOTTLE

Today I wanted to share with the you one of my uses for an old Scotch glue bottle. It is super easy to make and works like a charm! I cleaned out the empty glue bottle and then cut the tip off of the old red cap. I cut it pretty close to the bottom of the tip. I then took a new Copic super brush nip and pushed it into the cap. Push it really far in until it is very tight and you can't move it anymore.  I used the eraser end of a pencil to push it in.
I filled the bottle with alcohol instead of blending solution. I already have markers with blending solution so I wanted this one to just have alcohol, but blending solution would work just as well. When you use it you just tip the bottle up and wet the nub.  Don't squeeze the bottle when you use it, or it will leak.  If you don't squeeze the bottle, you will be fine. You can see in the picture that mine is worn and dirty from much use. Still works great! I hope that you find this tip as helpful as I have.

Paint with all your colors!
Muriel




1 comment:

  1. so this is to be used as a blender? I am new to ink markers. thought just made blending pens.I bought a blender for prismacolor blender. haven't tried it with markers.

    ReplyDelete